Sunday, February 28, 2016

GET OUT AND VOTE!!!!!

48 hours from Election Day and I couldn't be happier. For as long as I have been doing this I have learned so much this year; about people, campaigns, and the silent (and not-so-silent) sometimes treacherous activities that constitute an election season.

I have tried to keep everything civil and fair only pointing out the extreme issues that were made public. Believe me, the behind the scene issues have been pretty "interesting" to navigate. I apologize to anyone who has been offended by anything that has happened this primary season, for the Milam County GOP we try to steer clear of the fray, but it's not always so easy.

I applaud the local Milam County candidates for working hard to stay true to our pledge of civility in local politics. The state and federal races can sometimes make that difficult, but at the local level we have done a fairly good job and remaining civil with each other.

Good luck to the candidates. I thank them all for their volunteering to put themselves up for this often time arduous endeavor to serve their fellow Milam County neighbors.

Now it's your turn. Get out Tuesday and vote. Everyone has a vote, and every vote matters!! While so many of us complain about government infringing on their rights, sadly voting is a right that far too many people fail to use.

So

Go Vote!!!


Thanks,
Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment