Thursday, January 14, 2016

Campaign No-No’s – I Promise this is SHORT!!

Each campaign season we start off with the highest of aspirations as I pray that we have honorable and up-beat elections based on the issues of the office being sought and the qualifications of the individuals running for those office. Ideally the hope would be that a candidate is qualified to handle the office, understands the entirety of the work done by the office, and wants to serve the constituency that elects them – IDEALLY!!

Sadly, there are some folks who run for office based on one issue; be it to run as a stepping stone to another office, a grievance towards the current officeholder, or an ego that feels the need to occupy that office. Inevitably we have one, or maybe two candidates that fit this bill just about each election cycle.

In the last few days I have had some talks with some concerned voters about a couple of issues and I feel the need to speak out and clear up a few things as they are currently known to the best of the knowledge of the Leadership of the Republican Party of Milam County – AND ME!!

I’ll make these quick and Easy.

1.       Currently, all the candidates running for office are in good standing with the Republican Party of Milam County.

2.       Currently, the entire slate of Republican Candidates is in good health and prepared to continue in or assume office following this year’s elections.

3.       AND, Currently, none of the candidates running for office in Milam County is in any trouble legally, and/or civilly.

Like I said, this is to the best of the knowledge of me and the leadership of the Republican Party of Milam County, and we stay pretty well informed.

So if you hear anything to the contrary, hear any GOP candidate making derogatory comments towards their opponent or another elected GOP officeholder, or you have concerns about something a candidate says, then feel free to give me a call, shoot me a text, hit me up on Facebook, or send me an email and I will be happy to discuss this with you.

I am here for all the candidates; however, I have and always will work towards the goals of fairness and civility in the election process here in Milam County.

Thanks,
Bill

254-482-0354

No comments:

Post a Comment