Monday, February 29, 2016

Milam GOP is NOT Endorsing Anyone!!

Just to clear up a few items. A couple of times this election season I have allowed and even written a few posts on here seeming to express a point of view on certain candidates, their actions, and/or presenting the view that one candidate is endorsed over another, for that I apologize.

This page should be about the Milam GOP and issues, events, or other occurrences that are generally informative and not of the partisan nature. If any of the candidates feel, or have felt slighted this primary season then I do apologize, that was truly not our intentions.

Other than the candidates for POTUS, I think we as a local county party should stay neutral and fair to the candidates. That is as long as the candidates keep on topic and don’t spend their time going after their opponents.

Most all of our local races have been fine; however, a couple of times this election season some of our candidates in the state races have crossed the lines and while I have attempted to point out those issues. I realize now that I should have stayed out of it and let the candidates handle this on their own.

I do not and will not endorse any Primary Candidate over another, I will help to inform anyone who asks a question, but I do not believe I would be doing my duty to the candidates in conducting fair and civil elections if I were to endorse one candidate over another.

For the record, I have not and will not be endorsing anyone in the 2016 Primary. If I gave the impression of endorsing one candidate over another, then I apologize for that.

Again, I apologize if anyone has been offended or felt this page not to be fair; that was not, and will never be our intentions here in the Milam GOP Leadership. If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know.

Thanks,

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment